Monday, June 24, 2024

Moving On.

You had the tenacity to call me your friend, but then you proceeded to claw my heart straight out of my chest. And ripped my spirit to shreds, leaving me for dead.

Gas lit me into believing that your abusive actions were my fault. Made me feel obligated to make amends and then some. But all the numerous apologies I more than deserved to receive from you, they didn't come.

But now it's showtime. I'm finally healing and moving on. The road to recovery awaits me. Step by cautious step, breath by shaky breath. In this new chapter of my life, there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

I wear a handmade crown of only the rarest flowers, scattered and held together generously by a band of four leaf clovers. It is in my personal opinion, 100%, that while my haters will use the term "weird" as an insult, I hold the power to make the most of and transform it into the greatest compliment.

So I'll dance like there's no tomorrow, make up and sing my own silly little song. The name of my new limited edition album? Moving on.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...