Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Heavyweight Champion.

 The Devil came, I wrestled him to the floor.
With a swift kick, I sent him flying out the door.
Fighting fire with fire, exactly on the twelfth chime.
I Summon the power of Light.

As The Prince of Darkness struggles to get back up,
I put him in a choke hold.
Before blacking out for good, he spoke his
Last words to me with a dying breath.
He said,
"Well played. I can't believe you won. Goodbye forever."

I am the World Heavyweight Champion.
I cannot be beat.
I will miss the days, when I played cat and mouse 
With the Devil.
That won't stop me from determinedly walking Forward, walking always towards the Light.

I raise the belt in triumph above my head, and
Smile to Myself.
I know that I am my Own heavyweight champion,
Tonight.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...