Tuesday, October 1, 2024

The Song Of The Mountains - This Poem Is Based on my interpretation, of the character, 'Merida' from the movie, 'Brave.' Disclaimer: This poem is in no way associated with Disney.

I sing the song of my people
To the Mountains, and they sing
Theirs to me.

A beautiful harmony, when
Our voices are combined.
In peacefulness, our Souls
Are entwined.

Standing on the Mountain
Top, I let my voice ring.

And the Mountains,
They sing with me.
I smile, as I hear our voices
Echo.

Handed along to the tallest of
Trees, their own game of pass-
The-parcel they enjoy playing.

A Viking I was born to
Be.

An archer I am, by trade.
A wild and unpredictable spirit,
By night.

All because I sing to the
Mountains, with all of my
Might.

The lyrics written by my heart
And mind.


With a final bow to the
Mountains, 
I take my leave.

Goodnight.



- Alexandra Pierotti.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...