Monday, June 24, 2024

Game - This poem is dedicated to all the used and once abused, determined to never wither away. Through my words, may you discover your voice. Own your past, live in the present and look forward to your bright future.

For as long as I can remember, I've been treated like a game. I'm a walking, talking collector's card of scars and bruises from all the times my heart has been tossed around and kicked about, by my determined opponents who used the filthiest mud to smear my name. 

No longer will I allow myself to be played. I'm hitting the rest button. I'm taking back control and forever striving to score goals. In time, the world will know and cheer my name.

Success driven by faith, my gilded trophy. Self acceptance, forgiveness and empowerment my much earned but not always easy to climb, rise to fame.

This is MY life. Checkmate.


- Alexandra Pierotti.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

There Is A Light Waiting For You, At The End Of Every Tunnel.

While you think, that you Are stuck in the dark for now. I promise, eventually you will Find the light. It only gets better from here. - Ale...