Thursday, September 12, 2024

Daylight Saving.

I save every moment of
This beautiful gift that is,
Life.

Saving it, like the Light
Saves each day.

I reach my hand out.
Absorbing, as I breathe and
Bathe in the sunshine
Shimmering.

Soaking up every bit
Of it's glimmering glow.
Shut my eyes, time stands
Still.

All that was fast, now
Moves ever so slow.

I'm going to be like,
Elsa from 'Frozen.'
I'm going to Let It
Go.


It's just me, and the
Soothing song sung
By the stream of my
Soul.

Every thing around
Me, taking turns to sing
A silent solo.

I imagine my secret
Sorrow, on the surface of
The water.

Slowly being washed
Away.

Open a glass jar, I
Trap what I can of the
Sunlight's rays.

Shaking it up like a smoothie
Before pouring every drop, over
My head.

Only the best shampoo I
Use, made from a sprinkling of
Fairy dust.

Golden glittery love
Playing and weaving,
Within my hair.

I savour every moment of
This beautiful gift that is,
Life.

Saving it and storing
It, like a souvenir.

Just like the Light,
Saves, each day.

- Alexandra Pierotti.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...