Monday, September 23, 2024

Hello - This Poem Is Dedicated To All Of Those With Down Syndrome. Remember, you are Beautiful in every way.

Whether it's your first
"Hello", in a while.
Or, your first ever,
"Hello."

Every greeting, matters.
In shaping the person you've
Become, for the better.
The person, you are today.

Infectious smiles are
Spread everywhere, through a
Simple "Hello". 

Absorb it, Breathe it
In, Become it.

Pass it on to the next person
That you comes your way.
Whether it be a stranger or someone
That you know.

"Hello", sees no disability.
It only knows, who you are
Inside.

The word, 'disability' is code.

For your many accomplishments,
And the world that you continue to
Conquer each and every day.

It stands for:

'This is my ability.
An ability to do anything that You
Can, and more.
'


Your appearance may not be
Like mine, 
That's because I am made for
Greater things.

The challenges that come
With every day life, are like
A weighted dumbbell at the
Gym.

Though heavier than I ever
Imagined possible,
With every lift I raise,
Only makes me stronger.

This life that I live, is my
Domain. 

I am going to live my
Best life, this is something that
I am determined to do,
Each 
and every day.



- Alexandra Pierotti.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful.

Dear Diary, I've stopped self deprecating.  Everything is so clear to me now, It all makes sense! Why wasn't I able to see it before...