Monday, September 23, 2024

Iron Maiden.

I run bare foot through the
Fields, laughing as the wheat brushes
Playfully against my legs.

Everything I've ever been
Through, flashes past in my
Mind.

Like snapshots taken from a vintage
Camera, before shattering into a
Million tiny shards.

Such be the glass shield,
Of a photo frame.

Personal strength, I have
Developed. 

It's the little moments like
These, that add up and make
The most beautiful of memories.
Ones that I can now proudly
Put on display.

My spiritual strength, one
Made of the toughest steel.

With bones made of iron, nothing
Life throws at me will ever be able
To make me break.

The arms of success, cling
Around my neck like a child.
I am chaos personified.

Any regrets I initially
Had, 
now have rusted over.

Flaking in fine fragments like
Dust, are slowly being blown
Away.


- Alexandra Pierotti.









  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispering Grass.

Whispering grass, nature's simple bed. Tell me your secrets and I will tell you mine, we are Equals with one another. Who happen to be l...