Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Alive.

 I don't have the words, you don't have
My pain.
You say you didn't mean it, but then
You hurt me again.

I know it hurts, but I have to learn.
How to Prioritise myself, so I can get
Back on the horse and do it all again.

No one can stop me now.
I rise from every fall.
Pushing myself, everyday.
I'm letting go of the safety that is
My back, against this Wall.

Blowing through this word, on a
Strong gust of wind.
With each twist and turn, I'm
Tumbling.
With each breath, I'm struggling.

Doesn't matter what you say,
I'm going to make the most of everyday.
I'm never going to give up. No way.
Where every storm ends, a magnificent,
Magical rainbow begins.

I control the weather, I am the Sun and
NOT the Rain.
I won't listen to what your and my,
Demons' lies say.
Your weapon of choice?
Telling me I'm "insane."

I live off of the fire, that rages deep
Inside of me.
Burning in my veins.
Filling me with this new life, I never knew
I had.

Despite my PTSD, I'm taking back
My life.
One baby step at a time.
Tiptoeing on the stepping stones,
Of Life.

I will get better.

I am a fighter.
I always have, and always will be.
I've seen my future, see?
Slowly learning to accept and love,
All the little things that make me,
ME.

I'm fighting.
Not for you, but for ME.
I'm fighting for love.
Acceptance.
Healing.
Forgiveness.
Peace.

I'm here. I deserve to be here. To be happy. To not just survive, but love every second of being alive.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...