Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Cliff.

 I scale the cliff face.
Higher, and higher.
Until the world slowly
Disappears beneath my
Feet.

As I climb, sweat
Trickles in salty wet beads
Of sticky dew, down my brow.
I briefly look down as they
Fall and plummet to the
World disappearing below.

With each droplet that falls in
Silence, so does my worries,
Fears and hidden unaddressed
Anxieties.

My fingertips ache as I grip the
Rocky mountain wall.
As I climb higher still,
I come to my senses with
Each shaky breath that I exhale.

I forgive myself for all the hurt
I endure, and those who caused
My pain.

I ask God for His forgiveness
Of me.

Here, fear in non-existent.
It's just me, and the cliff face.
Firmly I believe, God's almighty
Protection holds me securely.
The safest of any safety harnesses.

Here, nothing else matters.
With each steady footstep I take.
God has my undivided attention.
Still, I keep climbing.
Always.

While there may be times where
I lose my grip, stumble, fall
And my heart breaks.
I will always find peace,
Contentment and comfort,
In knowing that, God saves.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...