Saturday, June 29, 2024

Roll Of The Dice.

 Such is a dice being rolled,
I took a chance.
A chance on Myself.
My life, each day, a game.
Competing against myself,
Determined to win.

I'm putting myself first for a change,
Never missing opportunities where ever, and
Whenever they present themselves to me.
I roll with the punches, like the roll of the
Dice.

I need no get-out-of-jail free card,
Go back to the beginning, miss a turn
Or start again.

I'm done rolling myself in shards of glass
That is self loathing and self pity.
Such is a dice being rolled, I, if not
For anyone else, am proud of Myself.

The achievements I make,
The chances I take.
Life is a gamble - you lose some, you
Win more.

What matters, is that I'm competitive
And that I am perfectly matched with a
Worthy opponent. Myself.

So at the end of the day, I can pat
Myself on the back with congratulation.
A friendly, proud acknowledgement,
"Good game. Well played."

- Alexandra Pierotti.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...