Saturday, June 29, 2024

Sweet Child Of Mine - This poem is dedicated to all of the adopted babies out there.

 You may not be of my blood,
But you are mine none the less.
From the smile in your eyes, to
the slow, steady rhythm of the
Beating of your heart in your
Chest.

Our skin may not be the same in colour,
No matter what anyone tells you, I am your
Mother.

I may not have known you, when you
Gave your first cries.
Though I am here now, with my arms wide
Open to catch you, should you stumble and
Fall during your first steps.

You will never have to be afraid,
I will hold you safely against my chest.
Proudly I stand by as I watch you grow, and
Shine.

I have no doubt that one day
you will do great things,
Sweet Child of Mine.

- Alexandra Pierotti.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...