Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Remember The Days - For all Grandparents, who have shaped us into who we are. Grandma, Grandpa. This one is for YOU. It's because of you, I believe in true love.

 
Remember the days, when we were young?
We'd stay up late, just for fun.
Listening to the chirping chorus of crickets
On a deafeningly silent night.

The gentle whisper of a breeze,
Blowing through the lush green leaves.
Remember how it felt, that moment
Seemed, and we wanted it to, last
Forever.

Nothing else mattered.

Remember the days, on clear, cloudless nights,
We would sit quietly and star gaze.
Searching the sky in the hopes of finding a
Shooting star.

Our secrets and wishes, kept safe with
Each other.
We'd talk about our dreams, holding on to them
Forever.

Remember all those times, we'd stare into the
Bonfire?
Our hearts would burn for each other, with Immeasurable desire.
You, and you alone, hold the power to make my
World stand still.

We'd tell each other scary stories, just for an
Excuse to cuddle up close.
When I told you that "I love you", you'd always Reply, "I love You most."

And should I lose my temper, because I've lost my way. I know I can always count on you to bring me back to my senses, with a simple kiss.

Your lips pressed gently against my ear as you'd whisper to me, "Remember the days."

- Alexandra Pierotti.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...