Thursday, August 8, 2024

Hands Over My Heart.

I keep my hands placed securely, over my heart.
I've been protecting it, right from the start.

Away from prying eyes, my deepest secret I do my best to hide.

I can't let them see what
I keep hidden inside.

I didn't ask, for this pain.
Though I continue to fight
Through it, and not let it
Take control of me all
The same.

Until my heart heals
Completely, I have to
Be careful with who
I let in.

Every moment, of every
Conversation I have during
Every day, I can't give into
My fear.

I have to be brave.

It's not always easy I'll admit,
Though I do my best to smile and
Find joy that comes with each new
Day.

I will get over this rough patch, cross my heart.
I've made my haters my motivation -
I'm going to continue living,
Purely out of spite.

Personal success in healing,
The sweetest revenge.
I can and will do, whatever
I set my mind to.

I've set my mind, to heal.
To be better in myself, 
Than the best.

I aspire to be a role model,
To girls everywhere.
When it comes to healing,
We've all got to start
Somewhere.

So, don't despair.
You've got this, hon.
I believe in You, even
If you don't at times.

Face every obstacle, head on.
If you want, we can do this
Together?

To jump, into the unknown.
The unfamiliar scary safety,
That comes with being far
From home.

I'm here to remind you, love.
In this journey you are
Never alone.

You've come so far, as is.
There's still a long way to go.
If anyone is able to completely
Heal, it's You.

That much I know for sure.
You don't have to shelter your
Heart with your hands,
Anymore.

Be brave, let your
Guard down.

It will leave your hands free,
To pick up from the ground.
To put back in it's rightful place,
Your beautiful crown.


- Alexandra Pierotti.


   






No comments:

Post a Comment

Crazy, But Kind.

If you ever meet me, you will surely see. That I am like a Reese's peanut butter cup, Completely nuts  and equally as sweet x . - Alex...