Thursday, August 22, 2024

Save The Last Dance - A Fair Matron's Tale.

I've seen you dance
With almost everyone
Tonight, but me.

Tired of sitting patiently.
Sitting in the silence of the
Cheap plastic, Nursing Home's
Common room, dance hall, seat.

I've waited long enough, for You.
Won't you save the last dance?
Won't you save it for me?

An invisible genie has climbed
Out of the lamp, that sits on my table.
I can't believe you've finally
Swept me off of my feet!

Like a Fairy Godmother whose
Granted me, my wildest wish.
You've saved the last dance -
The most important of dances,

Just for Me.

Tonight, we own the Dancefloor!
It's just the fairy lights,
You and
Me.

My cheeks blush a bright shade
Of red, a young woman still at heart
Is me.

As you compliment me on my
Personally, handmade dress.

I whisper underneath my breath
That this slow, steady waltz was
Created specifically, for
You and
Me.

Embarrassed that I said
My thoughts out loud, I look
Down bashfully at my feet.


Before foolishness can
Consume me
, You lift
My chin up gently, ever so
Tenderly.

So our eyes would meet.

Before I can say anything,
You smile in agreement
With
Me.

The World around us, seems to disappear.
Our feet place themselves strategically,
Back and forth.

As we waltz the night away together,

1...2..3...

You look ever so dashing, in
Your iron pressed bleached white
Shirt - so sophistically held up by
Your suspenders.

Here, tonight, this very
Moment on the Dancefloor.
I never want us to leave.

You remove one hand,
Only to tuck a single grey
Hair of mine behind my ear.
A fine, stray, lone strand.

I have never felt so happy
And at peace, as we are in this
Moment together.

Age is just yet another
Number,
You are the only
One that I choose with
To grow old.


As if reading my mind, You
Pull me in closer to you.
An action on of an unbreakable
Promise, to
never let Me go.

We vow to each other, to
Dance this dance forever.
Our steps perfectly, permanently
In sync.

We'll take this dance of ours
Nice and slow, even if the song
Does draw to its end.

Your Love for Me,
Is all I know.
Who are we, to pretend? 


- Alexandra Pierotti.


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...