Monday, August 5, 2024

The Bride.

My hair, in a bun.
My head, in the clouds.
Waiting for the moment,
For when I get to walk down
The aisle and be reunited
To the familiar comfort of
Your arms.

To see your face, when
I give You my heart.
Sealing our unbreakable
Promise, with a tender
Kiss for all to see.

The first footstep of our 
Life
Together, about to start.
From this day forward,
It's just You and Me. 


I can barely keep still,
My nervous excitement fills
The air.

I take a moment to breathe,
And regain composure.
I give a final touch of
Adjustment, to make sure
My tiara is securely placed
In my hair.

I hear the choir of Angels sing,
Their voices travel and are heard
By everyone all over the World.
From rivers, to meadows, fielded
Plains and over the hills.

My Father tries to hide the tears that
Well in his eyes, as he sees for the first
Time his Daughter now a bride in front of him.
In the place where once stood, his little girl. 

The Angels' voices are orchestrated
And conducted, by the Church bells' ring.
The joy that comes with this New Chapter,
About to begin.


The Traditional tune of
'The Bridal March' starts,

This is my cue.

I take hold of my Father's arm,
In attempt to ground myself and
Keep from running straight to

You.


- Alexandra Pierotti.


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing With Fire.

We are all fire fuelled, Deep within our core. It's what motivates us, Each day in seeking to Accomplish more. Burning bright, warming A...