Saturday, September 21, 2024

Red Riding Hood.

I stared the wolf dead in
The eyes, never breaking
Contact.

It bared its teeth at me,
A steady low growl escaped
Its being.

Its gums as red, as my
Cloak.

So close to each other were
We, 
that I could feel the heat
Of its breath brush against my
Face.

Eyes yellow and glowing
Like a beam from a torch in
The night, reflecting my fear.

I gasped when I looked
In its eyes and saw my
Reflection, staring back
At me.

It was in that moment, that
We decided to no longer
Fear one another.

Slowly circling each other,
Until we met in the middle.
With a gentle puff, the wolf
Set its head on my shoulder
So as to nuzzle me.

Immediately, my shoulders
Relaxed and together as one
We breathed.

I turned my eyes down in respect
For the great creature and smiled to
Myself.

Placing a comforting hand
Gently, in reassurance, against
The softness of its cheek.


- Alexandra Pierotti.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas.

This Christmas, make a wish. Whether it be by the twinkle of Tree lights or under the mistletoe. The perfect place, to share a sweet And sub...