Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Change - This poem is dedicated to all the gloriously gory, glamorous Gothic girlies out there.

 I knew I had to make the change.
I knew things couldn't stay the same.
As much as I struggled with the internal
Battle to stay, I couldn't.
There was no other way.
My true self, was constantly
Calling my name.

So, I followed...

…I followed until I could see.
All the things I had been missing,
The true individual I was born to
Be.


I had to do what was right for me.
And teach myself to develop selective
Deafness to the comments of others,
Including the ones for who the longest
Time, I believed were closest to me.

Every second of every day,
I am able to divide and conquer.
Always and forever looking
Forwards.

Past the 'what once was' and into
The, 'what could and will be.'
I changed my hair and changed
My clothes, leading me to discover
My true personality.

Getting rid of the 'pretty in pink'
Lip gloss, now wearing heavily
Applied eyeshadow, eye liner pen and
Lipstick. The matte shade, one that
Is deep and as black as night.

I'm ditching the classic sneakers,
I'm trading up.
Wearing studded thigh-high
Chunky heeled pumps.

Not even a siren's song
Can sink me.
I am living my best life,
Embracing this much needed
Change.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therapy - Food For Thought.

Therapy. For kids . Something that is rarely, if not ever spoken about. No one ever really thinks, of how much weight one child Carries thes...