Thursday, July 11, 2024

Alive/Overcoming Addiction. Disclaimer: If You or Anyone you Know is struggling with Drug Addiction & want to quit, Please get Help. - Whether that be through a call to a Quit Line or Checking In to a Rehabilitation Centre. Remember, You ARE Loved x.

 I feel it crawling beneath my skin.
Burning & stinging, as it rushes through
The blood in my veins deep within.

I see no way out, I beg of you,
Someone. ANYONE. Let Me in?.
Won't you help me? Isn't there Anyone
Who can release & cleanse me of 
My Sins?

It's hard to Die.
Believe me, I've tried.
But isn't that exactly the
Reason, of what it means of being
Alive? To take the time & heal,
Not just Survive.

Adrenaline pumping,
My heart out of control, keeps thumping.
Another lecture on how I could be "better",
So mind numbing.

Pop another pill, stick myself
With yet another needle.
A quick, convenient distraction
From feeling ill.

Until I can black out of my sense,
I can barely tolerate my Own presence.
Questing my existence.


I am dead inside.
I walk the lone, dark, dingy
Alleyways.


I'm just an empty shell,
Of human skin.
Trapped inside my mind,
My very own Prison.

I have Nowhere to go, &
Nowhere to call "Home."
I collapse on the ground,
Out of breath.
All my Problems,
I just want to forget.

Before giving in, to the Darkness inside.
Desperately, I say a silent Prayer,
"If You can Hear me, please help me
Find a way to stop this living Hell?
Show me the way out. I don't want to be
Forgotten about."

I've run out of pills & needles.
The high & hallucinations,
Have run their course.


Red scabby patches, from
Where I've been scratching.
My pockets as empty as I feel,
I've run out of dollars & cents.
I owe a lot of Bad people, Money.
I am drowning in debt.

I am suddenly filled with the
Motivation I need, I open my
Eyes instead of falling into the
Wormhole of dread & darkness.

I acknowledge that I have a Problem,
I'm taking the First Step.
Terrified of the idea of what could
Happen if I don't, I push myself up
From off of the cold, filth ridden ground.

I know it won't be easy, but
This is my way out.
I'm making the wise decision,
I'm going to ditch my addiction.

I'm going to check myself into,
Rehabilitation. I'm taking back
My life. Learning what it means
To truly LIVE , be happy, sober & clean.
To make the most of being, &
Not just stay Alive.


- Alexandra Pierotti.



    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...