Thursday, July 18, 2024

Italian Summer.

I spend my simple Summer days,
Down by the well.
The gentle hypnotic, satisfying trickle of water,
Has me stuck under a trance that is its
Very own magical spell.

I live for today. Nothing more & nothing less.
As I fill my bucket in the waters of the well,
The song of birds in a nearby tree takes away
All my stress.

In this moment, I am truly happy.
Relaxed. Free. I take comfort in knowing the trees watch  over me.

In this small village where I stay,
The townhouses are built on the dreams of yesterday.
Here, everyone knows everyone.


You're never too far from a friendly

Smiling face, as they wave with  a
Greeting, "Ciao." Before continuing
On their merry way.

Here, we know how to Live.
Everything is slower. Simpler.
We have no need to explain.

So, do yourself a favour. Come down and
Visit the serenity, that is  our beautiful 
Italia.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


   
 

2 comments:

Reservation.

My heart once was like A restaurant table - Alone. Empty. Reserved. Until your heart filled up Mine, by queueing into my Life. Your words of...