Saturday, July 27, 2024

Lioness - A true story about Myself at one point in my past life, due to being a victim of bullying. Back then, my coping mechanism was to always be in fight mode.

 Once, many years ago, I was an idiot, who said some bad things to bad people. The Devil convinced me at the time that revenge was sweet, because they deserved it. 
 
All because I had spent my whole life as a victim being prey to bullying, until one day I finally flipped.

Tables have turned and roles have reversed.

Now I'm the Predator who starts
The fight first, just so I wouldn't get a chance to get hurt.

Never thinking twice to go for the
Kill, it's better them than me being
The one to be under attack.

Or so that's what I told myself,
After years of being torn apart
By them.

Tired of being left for dead and abandoned.
I'd subconsciously bare my teeth,
And be the first to bite.

Just so I wouldn't have a chance,
Of getting bit and succumbing to my
Wounds and left alone to die . 


Didn't realise, that I had made
This terrible choice a way of life.
Until it was too late, now I do
My best to forgive myself and
Let go of any lingering hate.

Once had stored up inside, now I
attempt to rewind time.

Why drink poison, when you can
Instead drink Champagne?
It's time I move on and forgive
Myself as well as you, for any
Once given and received
Pain.

I've forgiven, I just wish I could forget.
The regret and shame filled memories
Concreted permanently in my mind,
Like dried hardened cement.


- Alexandra Pierotti.




 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin.

Oh, to be a child. To spin like a top. Round and round. To fall only to get back up And spin again. Only this time, faster. Laughing as the ...