Friday, August 2, 2024

Flower - A Real Woman Cannot Be Found Through The Lens Of Filters Or Designed For The Image Of "Perfection" Due to AI. Look In The Most Secluded Of Places, To Discover Truth And Unadulterated Love. Look No Further, Than Her Eyes.

I don't grow at the same pace
As the rest, I stem from the most
Unpredictable and bizarre of places.

While others stand tall, and
Flirtatiously sway in grassy meadows.
I prefer the hidden cracks of broken
Pavements, or sprout from under
The most bare stumped and leafless of
Trees 

I am not easily noticed,
I don't exaggerate or unnecessarily
Flaunt myself just for the mere
Flash of a camera.

I am content just being,
Unapologetically and authentically

Me.

Majority of the flowers that
You'll come across these days,
Without you knowing it unfortunately -
Are "Artificial" and "Fake."
 
At first sight that you take,
I assure you, that they might seem pretty.
But be warned, they are twisted
In a stalk riddled with the sharpest,
Most deadly poisonous of thorns.

Should you choose to be foolishly
Deceived by their appearance, just know that
Your hands will immediately bleed profusely
With each touch you take.

Only when your skin is unrecognisable
From being torn to shreds, will you realise that
You've made a terrible mistake.


To so much as attempt, in replanting that specific flower
When now you see at last that it is in fact a toxic weed.
I'm sorry to say that it will already be too late.

I am a rare species of wild flower,
When you eventually pass my way.
You will see for yourself, my natural 
Genuine subtle, pure positive energy.
Any lingering sadness that you may have
Previously had, hopefully will melt and
Dissipate down the gutter's drain.

For you see, my stalk holds no thorns.
My petals many, to hold the wishes that
You are yet to make.

Soft and gentle to touch.
My naturally sweet floral fragrance,
To your face a bright smile I vow to
Do my best to create.

- Alexandra Pierotti.


   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas.

This Christmas, make a wish. Whether it be by the twinkle of Tree lights or under the mistletoe. The perfect place, to share a sweet And sub...