Saturday, August 3, 2024

Pretty Distraction.

All my life, the way I
Made the decision to always
Dance, has had mixed
Reactions.

But I don't care, because I
Know that they're just jealous
That I'm a
Pretty Distraction.

When I'm dancing to no music,
They call me "cray-cray".
But if I'm just chillin' out on
The couch, then they call me
"Lazy."

Forever I'm going to dance,
Because this is my jam.
I'm vibin', I'm thrivin'.
Look what I can do!?

The World is my Duke Box,
The birds sing karaoke.
I've been dancing in the
Fountain, since yesterday
Afternoon.

I'm going to keep dancing,
Tomorrow as well as all of
Today.

I'm a Spicy Queen,
What can I say?
I've got to live my
Life, my dream.
Got to do things

My own  way.

I dance in the morning,
I dance at night.
I have my own unique
Rhythm, as I feel the
Beat.


In my heart, firework
Sparks ignite. 


To those who call me, "weird."
I'm going to keep on dancing,
Always.

Out of pure spite.
I'm a radical rebel.
I do what others, only
Wish they could.
I say what others,
Think.

I'm not gullible, I'm not
Going to fall for any tricks.
I'm just a Pretty Distraction,
Who's tired of keeping her
Positive mindset compacted.
Determined to have her own winning
Streak.
 

- Alexandra Pierotti.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Alone.

You're home alone, And the chandelier starts swinging On it its own. The lights flicker on and off, In the already dimly lit room. The r...