Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added,
For all the years I have
Grown.

There's no stopping
Me now.

There's no going back.

All the scissors in the
Tower, I either throw out
Of the window or use to
Cut ties.

I switch my simple dress,
For something for grand.
Complete with a Lois Vuitton
jacket, and matching bag
In my hand.

I toss my artificial tiara
Into the fire, switching it
For a jewel encrusted solid
Gold crown.

Before I use my hair as
A rope to climb out of
The tower, abseiling all
The way down.

The bobbles that kept my
Hair pristine, I remove and
Use as a slingshot.

It cuts a branch in half,
Clean.

I laugh when my hair
Bellows, out behind me.
At long last, I am as wild
As they come.

I am wilder and freer, than
The wild that blows my luscious
And bountiful hair around me.

Encouraged, by the
Sun.


- Alexandra Pierotti.


 


  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin.

Oh, to be a child. To spin like a top. Round and round. To fall only to get back up And spin again. Only this time, faster. Laughing as the ...