Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The Blue Strawberry.

In a field of red, I am
The only one of blue.

Though from the same
Field, a different vine altogether
Is where I grew.

The cream of the crop is
I, though no one looks past
The stem and into my eyes.

Slowly I watch the others
Get picked one, by one.
Filling the basket that is
Everyone's heart.

I smile when my iridescent
Hue, dances in the every ray
Of the sun.

The light reflects my natural
Beauty, the sun a disco ball.
The sky, my favourite song.
 

I can't help but sparkle,
At my most bright and brilliant
Shade of blue.

In my own company,
I am 
never alone.
I am proud to not be your
Average, strawberry.

I was Christened to be blue,
From my early days when I
Was but the smallest of
Seedlings.

Despite everything, still
I grew.

For you see, the wonderful
Are the rarest.

I may be rare, but I
Know my worth and
Value.

My personality shows
Itself in every possible way
Known, as rich and vibrant
As the earth from which 
I continue to grow and
Bloom.

Just as beautiful as the
All the other strawberries,
A hint of my sweetness
Lingers, like the most
Fragrant and delicate of
Perfumes. 


- Alexandra Pierotti.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...