Monday, September 9, 2024

A Mermaid's Tale.

I love the water and all its
Many shades of blue, like
Music sung by the sea.

Coral born of every colour,
A peaceful Palace for fish and
Those alike.

A mermaid like no other,
I refuse to sing a Siren's song.
Among the shores of safety,
Is where humanity belongs.

Even though everyone, for
Now, thinks this is nothing but
A mere myth -

I believe, if attempts were
Made, every one, of every
Species, would get along.

I believe, that humans and
Mer-people are in many a
Ways the same.

We all want what's best for
Our shared environment.
Why not start by stopping
Litter thrown,

This... "décor" of yours,
Does not suit the carpet
Of us mer-peoples' sand
Lined, oceanic home.

Please be respectful of us,
And in return, us mer-people to
You and your lifestyle will
Do the same.

Can't we live together as,
One people? Housed, in
Harmony?

If only you could see
The beauty, that is the
World we share. 

I wish I could show you
The craftsmanship that went
Into creating the ruffles of
My handmade, white and
Ocean blue dress.

The lacey hem made of
Only the frothiest foam and
The sweetest of salt.

Maybe one day, you'll
Eventually come to appreciate
The 
watery wonderland.

That my people chose to
Make, our home.


- Alexandra Pierotti.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...