Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Lovers - This Poem Is Dedicated to Every Hopeless Romantic.

When I'm with you, time stands
Still as we enter a World that is
Our very own.

This World different, to the
One we've only ever known.
Yet, we have never felt so at
Home.

It's like, we have our own
Little slice of Heaven.
Handmade and put here for
The two of us.

Angels sing your name.
Here, it's just you and me.
No words need to be spoken,
For us to know that we are
Tied together for all of
Eternity.

It's just you and me,
We wouldn't have it any
Other way.

We speak an unspoken language,
Our thoughts in sync as we share
A look with each other.

We need no voice, in order to
Know what the other is going to say.
We are two separate Souls,
Who think exactly the same.

My name a whisper, locked
Away in the safe of your heart.
Only you know the code to the
Combination, in order to unlock
All of my secrets.

When I'm with you, I have no
Reason to fear the dark.

Let's stay up here, forever.
Why go back to the way
Things were when everything
We need and ever needed,
Is right here?

Hold on to me tightly Forever, and 
Never let go.

I will dance this dance with you,
For as long as you will have me.
Don't worry My love, we'll take it
Nice and slow.

My heart always has been and always
Will be, completely Yours to own.
This world  was made for us, and
Us alone. 

- Alexandra Pierotti.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin.

Oh, to be a child. To spin like a top. Round and round. To fall only to get back up And spin again. Only this time, faster. Laughing as the ...