Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Vase.

I spend most of my life,
On the top shelf of a charity
Store.

Watching people filter in 
And out, buying only the
Fanciest vases and trinkets
Put proudly in the window
For display.

Those who do go out of their
Way to wander the store, 
pass by me
Without a single glance in my
Direction each and every day.

I sit in silence, my beauty
Slowly fading day by day.
As I get covered in dust,
Rim to base.

If only someone would purchase
Me, to see how much beauty and
Life to any room I do bring.

All anyone ever sees, is my white
Fine China exterior.

They never take a moment to
Appreciate, the great detail and
Time that went into building
Me, a fine art.

Carved with love from only the
Most delicate, gentle and talented
Of hands.

All of my pieces individually
Different, and as beautiful as
The last.

Fitting perfectly together,
Like a jigsaw puzzle.
More grand than every Country
And Continent, combined.

So for now I shall continue
To wait, in steady silence.
Eagerly waiting, to be seen.
To be loved and cherished
Once more, by a heart of
Gold.

So special and untouchable,
With a love so pure and perfectly
Pristine.

Meanwhile I know,
I don't have to be sold
In order to know my
True value and worth.

Nothing can stop me from
Remaining in a positive state
Of mind and hope, not even
A measly layer of dirt. 


- Alexandra Pierotti. 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin.

Oh, to be a child. To spin like a top. Round and round. To fall only to get back up And spin again. Only this time, faster. Laughing as the ...