Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Evolution - Dedicated to every, Vanessa, out there. Whose name, literally translates to, Butterfly.

I am my very own,
Butterfly.

At my lowest,
I created myself
A cocoon.

A temporary shelter,
I built for myself.
To stop my heart,
From crying.

It's the best thing that
I have ever done, for
Myself -

Breaking free, and
Stretching my wings.
I realised in that moment,
That the sky and the Sun
Is all I need.

Everyday I thank the wind,
For blowing beneath my Wings.

Assisting me in this
Discovery, of myself.
What a long journey, it
Has been.

Testing my limits -
Bending, but never breaking.
My Personal, Boundaries.

Within myself, I am ready
To announce to the World 
proudly -
That I, have
evolved.

With those you tried trimming
My wings?

I don't deny flapping
Out of their life.

Sometimes the thing that
Heals us, comes from the
Most bitter of medicines.

Experience.

Though I might've been a
"Late bloomer," In my every
Aspect of my evolution.

Though I'm not for everyone,
Not everyone's' "cup of tea."
For my own piece of mind.
I have made the ultimate life
Altering Decision.

Sacrifice.

To no longer use the
Remaining energy I have
Left, on those unworthy
Of my Mind.

I, am a true butterfly.
The very last, of my Kind.
No longer allowing Myself,
To get ensnared by the net.

Flying always,
Forwards and Upwards.
The Sun, always in
My view.

Waiting for me patiently
In the Never Ending, beautiful
Bluest of blue Sky.


- Alexandra Pierotti.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapunzel.

A centimetre added, For all the years I have Grown. There's no stopping Me now. There's no going back. All the scissors in the Tower...